Pages

Wednesday 4 February 2015

The So-Called "Great" Live Albums



I've personally had a love/hate relationship with the idea of the live album.

The live albums that critics love to cite as "essential" are ones that I tend to think are overrated. As much as I am a Kiss fan, "Kiss Alive!" was to me poorly recorded to the point of stripping the excitement from the music. I found "Frampton Comes Alive" was overblown and bland. "Live at Leeds" just doesn't truly capture the raw energy of the Who (although the reissue with the full concert on double cd in 1996 the true awesomeness of the concert is finally confirmed).

I intend to showcase some live albums on the blog this year that have escaped the radar of the music writers and compilers of "best of" lists.

Starting with....

No comments:

Post a Comment