Pages

Sunday 21 July 2013

Sunday Sessions: Bill Lloyd

This Sunday sees the east coast of Australia having some unseasonally warm weather lately. So I wanted to share a great summer track by the great Bill Lloyd.

Bill Lloyd was one half of a country duo called Foster and Lloyd who were supposedly quite popular in country circles. I've never heard of them, but that doesn't mean anything.

Bill made a number of solo albums with a more rock feel. The first, Feeding The Elephant, was issued in 1987 while Set To Pop was issued in 1994.

The opening track from Set To Pop is this absolute lost gem of a piece called "I Went Electric". I doubt there is such as thing as a perfect pop song, but this song has to be a contender for that description.

See what you think - let me know what you reckon.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment